Pineapple and Progesterone

One girl's struggles to come to grips with considering herself "infertile"

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

haven't felt much like blogging

Reading other people's blogs is much more fun and reveals much more interesting stories than my Gravida 2 Para 0. Big fat 0 (or BF0). It's been about 5 weeks since the D&C and I'm just barely able to reconnect with my very pregnant friend after extricating myself from that relationship. We had a few tests done after the chromosome analysis of the heartbeatless embryo came up inconclusive - as in, not enough cells to analyze. This must be the worst possible test result to get, followed closely by the news of a balanced translocation or some other such thing that would have come from one of us. Anyway, haven't shed a tear in about 10 days, so I think I'm ready to move on. In episode of SATC, the show with SJP (you know, the one married to MB of FBDO fame), one of the girls said that it takes half of the amount of time spent in a relationship to get over it once it's over. This same thing can probably be said for an early miscarriage (miscarriages after there are distinguishable body parts and obvious gender predictors are another matter altogether, I think) - it probably took me about a month to stop relating everything back to the 2 month old embryo and to stop thinking about it at every waking moment. Now, I probably only think about it once every hour - not nearly as much as they say men think about sex. So, I think it's all good. At least until I hear the test results and agonize over the news of a translocation or worse yet, a clean slate and the voice of the doctor telling me once again that they can't figure out what the problem is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home